Sunday, May 29, 2011

May 29, 2011 6:37 PM (in which i deride the internet's lack of capitalization, re-think my blog name, and insinuate all sorts of untrue things about my life)

Why is my blog called "Life in the Key of G Major"? Honestly, it should be "Ben's Boring Bonanza of Bullet-points (Loosely in List Form)" or something extravagantly dumb like that.

1. I have successfully lost myself again. If anyone finds me, please return to 42 Wallaby Way Sydney, Australia. I require regular exposure to sunlight and sunflower seeds. And don't feed me after midnight.

2. I cannot believe the direction modern English has taken due to the internet and texting. Really people? Is it so hard to capitalize? No. It is not. What is hard and involves capitalization is WrItInG LiK3 ThiZ!! LOL, Jk!!

"Oh, I'm sorry. I can't come to the door right now. I'm afraid that in my weakened condition, I could take a nasty spill down the stairs and subject myself to further school absences. You can reach my parents at their places of business. Thank you for stopping by. I appreciate your concern for my well-being. Have a nice day!" - Ferris Bueller
3. I learned to play the ukulele last night. It was actually super-easy. I learned some basic songs, such as "I'm Yours", "Somewhere Over the Rainbow", "Stand By Me", "Earth Angel", and some random church hymns. It took me a total of twenty or so minutes to master said instrument. It's true. I have witness(es).

4. This makes my heart happy inside (y'know, where all the valves and chambers are... that place can be happy, too...), for various reasons that I don't understand and should probably hire a psychologist to help me understand:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj-x9ygQEGA

5. I have needed a break for sooooooooo long... I'm so excited for the trip. Little concerned about the dolls we're having come with us. Guess that makes this trip "Guys and Dolls"... kinda awkward. Just wait til the pics come home, Alayna and Daja. Just wait...

6. I ordered two Alabama shirts a couple weeks ago. Why haven't I heard anything about them? I want my shirts...

7. Is a number that indicates wholeness or completeness. Thus, God rested on the seventh day because his work was complete. Thus also the seven seals in the book of Revelation, and other such random intricacies of religion that are neither important nor related to our eternal salvation.

Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment